Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Birthday Request from Miriam

Birthdays are a good time to get attention on the interwebs, so I figured I'd cash in on that and try to do some good... :)

This is what I would like for my birthday.

A while back, Stereo Sinai recorded a song for an amazing project called Pioneers for a Cure. Its mission is to cure cancer through music. Each artist gets a song to record, then all the proceeds from that song go to the cancer charity of the artist's choice.

Stereo Sinai was given an old Hebrew tune called "Purim Hayom" ("Today is (the holiday of) Purim"). It's a bouncy, dance-y piece that talks all about how thankful we are for the good that been done for us.

I would be deeply thankful to each and every one of you if you would take a moment and download this song. It's only $2, all of which goes to the good work of the American Lung Association.

You can find our song and download it here.

Alan's grandmother died of lung cancer. So did the mother of one of my best friends. It's tragic, and we can help stop it.

If you decide to donate, leave a comment on this blog and I'll send you a big ol' thank-you note and something special. A birthday present from me, to you. If you can't donate, please pass this on to a friend or two, and share the love.

Thank you so much, and have a beautiful day!!!
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment